I have always been curious about NYX lip products and I’ve been stalking several blogs, marveling at the awesome shades. Through blog hopping, I was “educated” on how different a particular shade looks like on each person, taking into consideration the pigmentation of her lips and whether the lip color will suit her skin tone. Wow, sounds a bit complicated. In time, I know I’ll be a pro at it. Just one look from the tube, or a swatch on the skin, and I’ll know if it would suit me. 😛
I was able to visit Digital Traincase’s booth on the last day of the Summer Solstice Bazaar, and Ate Sol and a pretty woman whose name I wasn’t able to get were very accommodating. Originally, the said woman was suggesting that I try the Mood Lip Gloss. I liked it a lot and I’d probably buy it some other time, but I was raring to get some colorful lippies.☺ They helped me pick out the right shade of pink for me. I found out that Strawberry Milk looked horrible on me, though I think topping it with lip gloss would make it wearable. So, I ended up getting the Round Lipstick in Paris, plus a Mega Shine Lip Gloss in Beige, and a Soft Matte Lip Cream in Milan.
NYX Paris is a bright pink lipstick with blue undertones. On me it looks like a purplish pink. It is also touted as a Barbie pink. I think this can be worn either in the day or at night, depending on the eye makeup. Not that I know much about makeup haha! ☺
- Cheapo! P160 a tube for this round lipstick ☺
- Glides on the lips like a dream
- Very pigmented and opaque
- Has a perfume-like scent but it doesn’t bother me
- Packaging is classy
- Not long lasting, reapplication is necessary after drinking or eating
Do I recommend it? Yes, if you like Barbie pinks like I do. ☺
Will I repurchase? Yes, it will be a kikay kit staple, but I’d like to try the other colors first. ☺
NYX Mega Shine Lipgloss in Beige is not beige. It is medium pink. It looks good on my lips here, so yay! ☺ It has no shimmer and has only a slight stickiness to it. True to its name, my lips look shiny and kissable.
- Affordable at P260
- Glides on easily
- Nice pigmentation for this shade
- Has a scent that reminds me of childhood. It smells like Big Boy bubble gum.
- Has a doe foot applicator
- Packaging is nice
- None. 😛
Do I recommend it? Heck yes. ☺
Will I repurchase? Yes. It’s my HG lipgloss now. The last time I liked a gloss was when I had that long discontinued HerBench pink lipgloss. ☺
NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Milan is sort of a miracle product for me. It’s not a lipstick, it’s not a lipgloss. It feels like whipped cream and it turns into a matte color once applied on the lips. Oh wow, oh wow, oh wow. Milan is a medium rosy pink color.
- Price is at P350, which is like, the price of drugstore lipsticks
- Great pigmentation!
- I so love how it looks on my lips after a minute or two. It makes you wonder if it’s your natural lip color. Haha!
- Doesn’t settle into fine lines
- Has a vanilla scent. I like it.
- Has a doe foot applicator
- Nice packaging
- Sometimes when the color finally fades, it settles into the inner lines of the lip.
Do I recommend it? Yes! ☺
Will I repurchase? Yes! I want to have Addis Ababa too! ☺
You may visit Digital Traincase’s Facebook Page for purchases and inquiries about NYX products.