WARNING: Picture heavy post and quite a bit of camwhoring.
*No I ain’t vain… ok maybe just a little. :P*
I am a lipstick fiend. I admit to it. I’m just beginning to collect them and I currently have 22 in my stash (used to be 25, but I gave one away to Mom and threw away 2 that went bad). I had a period of being hung up on bold lipsticks (loud orange – which I still don’t have, hot pink – I have three, barbie pink – I have two, red – four, plus two other bold lip colors, leaving half of my collection as everyday wearable lip colors). I shy away from nude lipsticks because I’m afraid they’d wash me out. I have two nude lippies, but both are on the peachy side.
Then, something incredible happened and my life turned upside down. (OA? Hahaha)
I’m not so afraid to go nude anymore. All because of one lipstick.
It was an ordinary net surfing, no worries day, when I visited Etude House’s facebook page, and saw the album with ads for the Wannabe Collection (Winter 2012 Limited Edition). Of course I looked at the lippie ads first. Haha!
First thought was… “Oh my golly! I can fit the Eiffel Tower in my vanity kit!”
And I wasn’t kidding.
I immediately commented asking if the tubes matched the lippie colors from left to right, because even if I wanted all the colors (yes I want So Trendy Red and So Hot Pink too. Boohoo. Gift me darlings? :P), my heart was set on giving So Chic Beige a try. There was no reply to my query from the EH team or fellow princesses (I guess my question was too stupid that it didn’t require an answer? :'<) so I just headed to the SM Manila branch and crossed my fingers.
Lo and behold. So Chic Beige had the Paris cap on it! (Could this be related to the fact that Parisiennes love natural fresh-faced makeup? LOL me and my straying, hyperactive, over-imaginative thoughts). I was soooooooo happy! I tried it on, wiping the lipstick liberally on a cotton pad first of course (I guess the attendants didn’t have their eyes on me since there were quite a number of girls perusing the other goodies), and it was love at first swipe. My friends who accompanied me immediately said that it looked good on me. I was thrilled to find a beige lipstick that doesn’t make me look like a corpse! My best friend tried it on but unfortunately it was too light on her (she has beautiful morena skin) and maybe the undertone didn’t match her skintone (I’m on the search for nude lippies for her, and I’m betting on brown undertones. Am I right with this assumption? :P). Needless to say, I went home 478 pesos poorer but my heart definitely richer! If there’s any lipstick I didn’t feel a twinge of regret buying (even if my brother got mad… oopsie), this is it!
So, enough with the super long intro (yes Janine, we wouldn’t mind if you shut up once in a while), and on to the review and swatches!
Just. Look. At. That.
I wanna go to Paris! First alone, next with friends, last with my future husband!
(Yeah I shall travel with family too, just not in Paris, France hehe)
And the box! So pretty I’m keeping it!
Illustration is by Annika Wester (yeah she’s a blogspot-ter too! She’s cool like that! :”>)
Dunno why it looks pinker/peachier here but in person it’s a true beige.
Yup it is a peachy/pinky beige indeed.
(LOL at my right foot peeking haha)
Oh no, slightly becky mode on.
Natural light – light outside pero away from the sun
Ineexplain pa? Hahaha! :))
(not so) Direct sunlight – near the light source 😛
(not-so) Direct sunlight.
(LOL please forgive the haphazard application. Nangolekta nang slight sa gitna ng lower lip ko o haha!)
Indoors, facing the fluorescent lights.
As in tilt the head upwards ang drama ko nyan. Yes kelangan naka-anggulo ang lips. 😛
Indoors with flash
Etude House says…
Smooth textured lipstick supplies vivid color and moist shine.
Net wt. 3.5 grams
Price: Php 478
- EVERYTHING! LOL kidding aside now…
- Packaging and design! Winner! Too girly, but I like girly naman so… 😛
- Scent is pleasant, sweet like candy. 😀 (Smells like my VIP Girl Dear Darling PK006 lipstick. The scent of the VIP lippie went away a little by now which I guess was because of disinfecting with alcohol huhuhu)
- Creamy, smooth application!
- Decent staying power. 3-4 hours depending on your lip activity. *wink*
- Doesn’t dry out my lips.
- Does not wash me out!
- In my opinion, best formulation by Etude House so far based from the lippies I’ve tried on.
- The shade! Swatches are more pinkish/peachy due to either the sun, camera settings, slight Picnik editing (ironically I was trying to edit it to bring out the color more, but it altered the color even more. Or maybe it was me who lacked editing skillz. Or maybe it really is pinkish/peachy and I’m lipstick shade-distinguishing-impaired. Hahaha.). Applied lightly or when it fades, it would look more nude on the lips (yeah, I love this part right here. :P).
- Something about it that makes my lips, and me look healthy!
- It makes me look like a nice gal (errr not that I’m not nice haha)! This is definitely a good everyday color. A rest from the bolder colors I also like wearing. Conservative but not boring! 😀
- Midrange price. Just me being a cheapskate. If they were at 250 to 350, I’d be hoarding them by now.
- Limited edition! Biggest gripe! I must get at least one backup before the month ends. Huhu
Verdict: I really recommend this shade to all y’all light-skinned, fair to medium fair ladies (just basing from my BFF’s experience). I am actually tempted to hoard this stuff. ‘Nuff said. (Yeah, after all that gabbing. Seriously?)
I’d like to try Canmake’s Melty Nude lippies though (plus their Nudy Glow lip glosses). I’ve read good and bad reviews. If you’ve tried them, what’s your take?
Ayan na! Stop reading this post na! Puro pagmumukha ko na lang ang mga sumusunod. Hahaha!
Me sans makeup except for the lippie. Sorry naman sa zits ko. Pawala naman na sila… ata…
At ang eyebags! I’ve been making day out of night, so I haven’t really slept well the past week.
(Sa presinto ka na lang magpaliwanaaaaaag!)
Trying hard maging demure. 😛
Oh no. See that “line” on my left eye? I have to stop abusing my eyes to prevent straining them even more (ehem, internet, puyat, TV, ehem)
Oversized glasses from Anagon Collection
Nasakop na half ng mukha ko. :))
Nume-nerdy look. Glasses ay inarbor ko sa friend/orgmate/brother ko.
Last na promise. Hahaha! Pwede ba ‘to pang-profile pic? Be honest! :))
To my international readers, please pardon me if you didn’t understand some of the captions. I’m feeling quite playful today, thus, me writing in our vernacular. I assure you nothing was explicit. Hahaha!
Local readers, ok lang ba na ganitong baklaan lang tayo paminsan-minsan? Hahaha! Watchu think? Tell me. Mag-komento kaaaaa! 😛