The very first deodorant I’ve tried when I was in high school is from Secret. I dunno, something about the brand name appealed to me at the time. It sounded feminine and a little cheeky. 😛
After my brief romance with Secret, I tried Rexona; from their deo sticks to their lotions. To date, I have a few years long relationship with Dove roll-on deos. I think I’m about to break up with Dove too, because of this mineral deodorant I’m currently using.
And what do you know, Deonat’s roll-on deodorant is your friendly old neighborhood tawas (alum) in liquid form!
I chose the aloe variant because, well, you know, aloe. Aloe = moisturizing in my head. I like that it’s paraben-free and has no Aluminium chlorohydrate (according to Wikipedia: a group of specific aluminium salts having the general formula AlnCl(3n-m)(OH)m and is used in deodorants and antiperspirants. Some studies refute and some support that said chemical has a hand in breast cancer development. Yikes. No definite conclusion yet though. High five if you enjoyed reading that, fellow nerd!). If I remember it right this costs around Php 100-120 (I lost the receipt). Let’s see if the additional (roughly) 20 php is worth the jump?
I’ve been using it for a little more than two weeks now and I’m glad to report that it has been doing a swell job at keeping my pits odor-free. Most especially that the sweltering summer heat has been making my UAs cry like no other these days. I’ve long accepted that on regular days it’s very much okay not to use antiperspirants since I don’t want clogged pit pores to add to my (not really that) many pit problems. It takes a little longer to dry but I don’t really mind. No residue on clothes thus far. Now let’s check my experience against its claims:
- anti-bacteria – check √ No foul odor (not even slight sourness from perspiration) means protection from bacteria! 🙂
- non-sticky/does not leave any filmy residue) – check √ no icky sticky feeling when I rub that area against my sides 😛
- non-staining – check √ no yellow stains on my white clothes
- does not clog body pores – check √ it doesn’t have the certain ingredients that make a deodorant an antiperspirant, so understandable
- has added aloe extract to soothe and moisturize – check √ my UAs do feel a little better when I use this vs. commercial/chemical deos despite the latter having so many claims on how they can make your pits better
No dark clouds on the horizon (aka hindi makulimlim aka, hindi nangitim), smoother pits and a-ok aloe scent (fades away once applied though) make this deodorant a great buy for me! No cons for me so far. I would definitely repurchase.
Deonat produces deodorant in roll-on, stick, powder, and spray form. How’s that for having something for every Juan(a)? This is a product of Thailand, from company Rein & Fresh Co. Ltd.