It’s been quite a while since my last product trial from Sample Room. When I went to their site, my original plan was to get a tube of the Belo BB Cream. However, I was late in the game and found out that there were no more stocks left. I was skimming through their Available Samples page and was so glad to see this baby. I immediately thought, “Tinted sunscreen. Hmmm… I haven’t tried something like that yet.” And so goes the short story on how I got my hands on this.
The Belo products that I’ve tried to date are the sample size of the Belo SunExpert Face Cover SPF 40 PA+++ which I loved but haven’t really gotten around to purchasing (I dunno why either I just seem to forget to do so. That and I’m using up my Neutrogena sunscreens); the other one is the Intensive Whitening Bar soap, which I haven’t finished since I’m so lazy to slather on sunblock for my body, let alone lotion with SPF. Yes, I know, facial skin is not the only skin that I should be afraid to age. 😛
Anyway, going back to this tinted sunscreen. I’ve already watched/read some vlog/blog reviews about the BB cream so I know that the medium to deep shade indicated on the tube is nothing that I should worry about. I have fair skin and still the shade suits me and even has a brightening effect which you’ll see in the last photo of this review.
Company: Intelligent Skin Care, Inc.
Product Name: SunExpert Perfecting Shield Tinted Sunscreen tone adapt technology SPF 50 PA++++ broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection
Price: Php 449.75
Shade: medium to deep
Content: 50 mL
Availability: Leading supermarkets, drugstores, malls
Certified Halal product
Packaging: Same as the rest of the SunExpert line, the product comes in a happy close-to-mustard-yellow tube with the complete details on both sides. I like the gold cap which goes well with the overall look of the packaging. The tube is opaque and the seemingly “clear window” is just a print that doesn’t match the initially squeezed product but closer to the shade when you spread it. The nozzle allows control on the amount you can dispense and usually one gentle pump squeezes out a small amount (about 0.75 of what I have on my hand in one photo below.) No spillage experienced thus far.
- SPF 50 and PA++++ ensures broad spectrum protection against harmful UV rays
- Tone Adapt Technology evens out skin tone, conceals fine lines, wrinkles, and other imperfections
- Cell Protect® strengthens skin’s defense against premature skin aging
- Paraben-free. Non-comedogenic. Hypoallergenic. Dermatologist tested.
Smell: Fragrant lotion scent
Consistency & Application: Creamy texture (not thin and runny, not thick) and needs to be applied fast as it dries to a sunscreen-y finish on the face (well it is a sunscreen, Janine). Just a heads up since this is tinted and you wouldn’t want to end up with an unblended face.
Shade: Despite being medium to deep, I think that’s just to ensure consumers wouldn’t hesitate to buy it. I find that it adapts to any skin tone (my mom tried it and she has medium skin tone) with a brightening effect.
Finish: Semi-matte (on me) to matte (probably on drier skin) with a brightened up look. Feels lightweight. It doesn’t need to be set with powder on my skin type but for additional coverage and to ensure it stays on throughout the day, I might use a powder foundation over it.
Coverage: Mostly Sheer to Light for normal 1 to 2 layers. I built it up to 3 layers for a medium “coverage” and was satisfied. Skin is evened out well and redness is covered . Don’t expect dark circles and major zits to be concealed. I think this coverage is fine as I’ve expected the tint to simply even out the skin tone from the get-go.
Oil control: Oilies appear around the 3rd-4th hour mark but not that much.
Longevity: Hard to gauge especially since I used it by itself (no powder, no blush, nada) but I can say I can still sense that it’s there for the 8 hours that I had it on (please don’t sue me if it doesn’t stay that long on you. Please do comment your experience with it.)
- Spill-proof packaging with an efficient nozzle
- Easy to apply using fingers
- Evens out the skin tone and covers redness
- Has skin brightening effect
- Color adapts to any skin tone
- Buildable “coverage” (up to medium, 3 layers max)
- Can act as a primer/base for your powder/liquid foundation
- Dries quickly as a sunscreen would
- Semi-matte to matte
- High SPF 50 PA++++ is great when you need to head out. I’m assured to be #BeautifullyProtected this summer!
- No skin irritation, no breakouts
- Price is at par with sunscreens available in the market. 50 mL is okay for its price. Php 9/mL ain’t bad in my opinion
- Dark circles, acne marks and zits would need a separate concealer
- Has a lotion-y sunscreen scent that eventually goes away upon application
Will I repurchase? Yes. Will use it on good skin days or whenever I don’t want to wear too much makeup.
Get your free sample of this product here: http://www.sampleroom.ph/cosmetics/belo-sunexpert-perfecting-shield-tinted-sunscreen-spf-50-and-pa