Okay, so I couldn’t resist using that cheeky title. Commanding and coy at the same time, this product name. I’ve already built a humble collection of Happy Skin’s Shut Up & Kiss Me lippies, but this review will be on the first two shades that started this addiction.
Brand: Happy Skin
Product Name: Shut Up & Kiss Me moisturizing lippie
Price: Php 549
Shade: Crushing On You, Summer Fling
Content: 2.7 g
Whether torrid or tame, your lips will say it all! This Happy Skin Shut Up & Kiss Me Moisturizing Lippie is sure to help you make that smackin’ statement. This lip-loving moisture stick is loaded with Shea Butter and Collagen to get fans to line up for a taste of those supple, hydrated, and ultra-kissable lips. High-pigmented, and moisture-packed, this lippie glides on irresistibly smooth (without the stickiness!) and leaves behind a rich, creamy pout that’s way tempting to kiss.
This lippie offers three-fold “lip service”: the shine of a gloss, the pigment of a lipstick, and hydration of a balm! Spoil yourself with Shea Butter & Collagen to keep your lips in lip-lockin’ shape!
Crushing On You (COY) is Happy Skin’s first nude beige MLBB offering for those without the reddish/pinkish tint on their natural lips (*raises hand enthusiastically*). It has peachy brown tones in it that doesn’t make me look pale but in fact warms up my face a bit. On me, it kind of makes one guess if I have anything on yet my overall face looks put together. The sheen is a giveaway though. Definitely great for everyday/casual days/errand days/any freakin’ day honestly. It shows up best with two to three swipes unlike the other SUAKMe’s which are obviously more pigmented in one swipe given their brighter and/or deeper shades. How cute and apt is that name for the color you would have worn when you had your first innocent crush? It’s also close to my heart since I used this lippie during my first job hunting/interview days.
The slightly older gal has leveled up from a crush and opted for a Summer Fling! This shade is either peach or coral on me (both with slight pink tones on me) depending on how much I put on. Like the previous shade, it has a sheen as well. True to its name, it is one of those summery shades but can still be respectably worn throughout the year. However, be sure to exfoliate and moisturize well because this shade may highlight chapped lips.
- Happy Skin is proudly Pinoy!
- Cute packaging, cheeky product name, coy shade names
- Color of the tube isn’t exactly the same as but represents the color of the product
- Product description and ingredients list are printed on the box while manufacturing date is indicated on the tube
- Applies smoothly
- Contains shea butter and collagen which moisturize and make lips look supple and young! Lip balm function, check!
- Respectable pigmentation for these shades. Buildable with best appearance at three layers. The other shades have superb pigmentation that are long lasting with some leaving a nice stain. Lipstick function, check!
- Has a nice, healthy sheen. Gloss function, check!
- Most shades fit a wide spectrum of skin tones
- Their starter Pokemons (startup shade selection I mean) are great as they have each a Water, Fire, Grass, Electric, Ground, Dark, Ghost, Fighting, Psychic etc. type (Nude, Red, Peach, Plum, and different Pinks I mean)
- Twist-up crayon is convenient to use and to tote along your makeup bag
- Mid-priced at Php 549 each. Limited edition shades are priced slightly higher per tube. Great quality more than makes up for the price though.
- Has no scent or flavor
- Texture and feel (i.e. heaviness) on the lips varies depending on the shade but generally feels balmy and not greasy
- Like other twist-up pencils, it is up to the user to maintain its pointed shape
- Not available everywhere then but are easier to find now at Beauty Bar, select Plains & Prints and SM Department Store Beauty Section, Watsons, Rustan’s, Landmark, Glorietta 3, Greenbelt 5, Trinoma, Powerplant Mall as well as online via Zalora or their website.
Will I repurchase? Yes, but I’ll collect the other shades first. *Mwahahahaha*