It’s always a thrill to find something that is (relatively) affordable yet works. Such was my reaction when I got my tube(s) of Nichido BB Cream Every Day Wear. I got the shade 03 Natural during my first hunt for this product but I found out it was darker than what I need. On my second trip to the Nichido beauty counter, I bought my shade match, 02 Skin.
Product Name: BB Cream Every Day Wear
Shade: 02 Skin (my shade match), 03 Natural
Scent: Mild foundation smell with a bit of powdery/flowery scent
Content: 0.676 fl.oz./20 mL
An all-in-one beauty balm for a youthful looking and radiant complexion
- Skin lightening
- Color corrector
The packaging is a cream-colored squeeze-type tube with a black cap. It doesn’t come with a box but is sealed with plastic. The size is very handy and won’t take up much space in your vanity kit. Info is printed on the back including the manufacturing date. No expiration date printed on it though it claims to be usable for 12 months after opening.
In the photo above, I compared the shades 02 Skin and 03 Natural. The former is obviously lighter than the latter, but both have yellow undertone.
The shade 02 Skin matches me well. The BB cream has a thin consistency and is quite easy to blend. However, I like to eliminate the slight drag when applying with a brush by using my Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser primer underneath (though in this test I did not have any primer on). It dries to a matte finish and has a foundation-like coverage.
I had commuted prior to taking the above leftmost photo. At the 4th hour mark, I blotted a small amount of oil from my face.There was little to no transfer of the BB cream onto the blotting paper and after blotting, I still look presentable. After 6 hours I had more oil on my face, even if I was staying in an air-conditioned room. I might need the help of a primer and mattifying powder in the future. At the mall though, two hours even later than the last check-in and blotting for the 2nd time, I think my face still looks pretty decent.
Back at home, at the 10th hour mark, my forehead was oily. I blotted and once again the face looked decent. I loved that about this BB cream. Upon removal, there was evidence of the product remnants on my face.
The following are some photos of me using the 03 Natural shade, for reference of those with MAC NC20-25 skin. 😀 Lesson learned: this is darker than my skin tone. A step and a half down methinks. Would suit MAC NC30-35, most probably.
- Yellow-toned (Shades available from lightest to darkest: BB 01 Light, BB 02 Skin, BB 03 Natural and BB 04 Beige)
- Good light (buildable to semi-medium/medium similar to a foundation) coverage
- Feels light on the skin
- Good for daily wear
- Product description, ingredients list, manufacturing date and number of months the product can be used are printed at the back
- Easy to spread and blend especially with smoothing primer underneath
- Evens out skin tone and covers redness
- Generally does not require setting powder (prolly for dry-skinned ladies) but requires blotting (2-3 x throughout the day. If you don’t want to deal with that feel free to apply your primer and mattifying powder of choice)
- Still looks good post-blotting
- No breakouts occurred post-use
- Tube won’t take up much space in vanity kit
- Easy to find at their counters in major malls unless it’s that “malas” time that it’s OOS
- Kind of expensive at Php 238 for 20 mL (Php 11.90/mL)
- Average “oil control”
- Does not cover major blemishes
- No SPF
- Has that mild foundation smell but isn’t bothering once applied
- Only 20 mL
Will I repurchase? Yes, if I run out of other face bases and I need to have one on hand real quick.
Be in the know about the latest from Nichido by visiting/following their Facebook page.